(List Updated June 2016)
Some people find it crazy that when I travel I only carry a backpack. I’m not talking backpacking backpack like the huge luggage size travel bag with a tent and sleeping bag that’s half the size of the person.
I’m talking backpack like school backpack. Yup… that’s it.
Even for my recent month-long trip all I had was a small backpack, nothing huge. (Have since expanded to a 41L to have room for my DSLR and tripod)
So what exactly do I take in my travel bag and how do I make it last for a month? Here is a picture with everything I took and the bag that I carried it in. Below that you can read the list.
- 1 pair of pants
- 1 pairs of cargo shorts
- 2 pairs of board shorts
- 4 quick dry boxer briefs
- 4 quick dry t-shirts
- 1 nicer button up shirt for nights out
- 2 bandanas (you get hot and sweaty)
- 4 pairs of moisture wicking socks
- flip flops
- Asics trail runner shoes
- Laptop with charger and case
- Glasses and case
- Extra pair of contacts with solution and case
- Canon t2i DSLR with a few different lenses
- Manfrotto camera tripod
- Travel Umbrella
- Smartphone and charger – acts as alarm/flashlight/phone/underwater camera/mp3 player
- Headlamp (for night hikes and random exploration)
- Toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, shampoo, body wash, cotton swabs)
- Small safety kit
- I didn’t on my most recent trip, but I usually also take my longboard wherever I go
So that’s it! (writing it out actually makes if feel like a lot more)
The clothes I carry I either hand wash every 4-5 days or get it washed for a few bucks. It’s much nicer carrying less clothes and washing more compared to carrying a lot of clothes and washing less.
What do you think about the list? Is there anything you wouldn’t take that I do? Is there anything you would add to your travel bag?